Have you been invited to act as a guest blogger? Many people fail to realize the significant opportunity that exists by blogging as a guest for another blog and pass on the invitation far too quickly. First of all, it IS an honor to be invited to guest blog. It's not simply another blogger trying to get someone to write for them free of charge—even if that is the driving motivation. The truth is that they must respect your views if they are willing to subject their loyal subscribers to them. But, in the real way of the world, what is in it for you? How do you benefit by becoming a guest blogger for someone else?
1) Sales. Guest blogging presents a very real potential for crossover sales. Chances are that you will not be asked to blog for your direct competitors but for those in your field that cater to a niche that either supports your niche or complements your niche. Either way, the opportunity exists for you to make sales from the added exposure.
2) Links. Links are far more important than many casual bloggers and even some professional bloggers realize. Guest blogging for others builds valuable links back to your own blog.
3) Exposure. When you post in the capacity of a guest blogger you are getting additional exposure to the subscribers of this blog. You have an opportunity to convert this exposure into subscribers, readers, or visitors to your own blog. Every visit represents an opportunity to provide a service, gain exposure, or make money.
4) Credibility. The world is becoming so much smaller through the power of the Internet. The World Wide Web though still represents, to many people, cause for suspicion and doubt. Acting as a guest blogger gives you some degree of credibility. When you are addressing the subscribers of another blogger's blog, you are sharing your message with people that already trust that blogger. By virtue of the fact that he (or she) is allowing you to share your message with his readers he is giving you a vote of confidence and encouraging his readers to trust what you have to say.
5) Branding. When your goal is to make your blog the one stop solution within your niche branding is vital. Guest blogging for blogs that are closely related to your niche is yet another way to solidify your dominance in your niche and seal your brand. The more exposure you get, and guest blogging is an excellent method of exposure, within your niche the better your brand will become. That is the ultimate goal, after all, when building a brand.
The next time you are invited to be a guest blogger, instead of saying “no” right away, consider the potential benefits for your blog from the experience. You are likely to find that you are much better off for the experience. Also remember that you can benefit from inviting others to be guest bloggers on your blog too.
Blogging Related Articles
- Blogging for Bucks
- Blogging for Business
- Blogging Secrets Every Blogger Should Know
- Blogging Tips and Tricks for Better Results
- Blogging to Bring in Online Business
- Blogging With Blogger
- How Blogging Works
- Online Publishing Tips and Tricks for Better Results
- The Benefits of Blogging With WordPress
- Thumbnail example Benefits of Guest Blogging
- Thumbnail example Blogging Made Easy
- Thumbnail example Blogging Tips Beginners Need to Know
- Thumbnail example Building Your Bottom Line by Blogging
- Thumbnail example Killer Blogging Tips for Better Traffic
- Thumbnail example Monetizing Your Blogging Efforts
- Thumbnail example What is Blogging?
- When Is Not Blogging Good for Business?
- Who Needs to be Blogging?
- Why Call in Guest Bloggers?
- Why is Blogging Important?