There are many platforms you have to choose from when you decide to make money online with blogging. One of the most popular among those interested in a free method for blogging is Blogger. You will hear quite a few positive and negative things about Blogger as you begin blogging. Chances are they are all true to some degree though not entirely.
The truth is that some people love Blogger while others absolutely hate it. It's kind of like the NASCAR driver Jeff Gordon. You either love him or hate him. Very few people straddle the fence on the issue. That being said there are some pros and cons to using Blogger. You are the one that will have to make the final decision as to whether Blogger blogging is the best option for your blogging needs.
1. Blogger has a simple interface that is easy to use –provided that you are using their interface and do not wish to use your own template.
2. Blogger allows you to monetize right away and requires no investment on your part to do so.
3. Blogger is easy for beginners. In other words you do not need an advanced degree in “geek speak” in order to understand how to operate a Blogger blog.
4. Owned by Google and often favored in the search engine rankings (at least according to many who use Blogger).
5. Offers easy plug in access for Adsense ads and revenue. This is particularly beneficial to those who are using blogs in hopes of amassing a large sum of Adsense income each month. It can be done though this is becoming more difficult. Blogger makes it easier to pursue this income method than some of the other blogging platforms.
6. Doesn't require the purchase of a domain name in order to monetize.
1. Blogger doesn't offer the scope of customizability that other blogging platforms offer.
2. Blogger doesn't like many of the fun widgets that WordPress users get to use on their blogs. This may seem petty but some of these widgets are not only fun but also incredibly useful when blogging for business.
3. Fewer options for template selection with Blogger when compared to the nearly limitless offerings of WordPress templates that are widely distributed (many for free) across the Internet.
4. Blogger has been known to put the brakes on successful blogs as a result of, well, whatever. Blogger reserves that right and they have been known to exercise it. If you do use blogger, make sure that you back everything up externally in case they do exercise this option.
Love it or hate it, Blogger is the blog of choice for millions of bloggers around the world. If you are new to blogging and just want to check it out without a hefty investment up front, Blogger is a great place to begin. When you are moving up in the world of blogging though chances are you will want to spread your wings and see what WordPress has to offer.
Blogging Related Articles
- Blogging for Bucks
- Blogging for Business
- Blogging Secrets Every Blogger Should Know
- Blogging Tips and Tricks for Better Results
- Blogging to Bring in Online Business
- Blogging With Blogger
- How Blogging Works
- Online Publishing Tips and Tricks for Better Results
- The Benefits of Blogging With WordPress
- Thumbnail example Benefits of Guest Blogging
- Thumbnail example Blogging Made Easy
- Thumbnail example Blogging Tips Beginners Need to Know
- Thumbnail example Building Your Bottom Line by Blogging
- Thumbnail example Killer Blogging Tips for Better Traffic
- Thumbnail example Monetizing Your Blogging Efforts
- Thumbnail example What is Blogging?
- When Is Not Blogging Good for Business?
- Who Needs to be Blogging?
- Why Call in Guest Bloggers?
- Why is Blogging Important?