Suppose you find a truly inspiring book in a used bookstore that you subsequently determine to be in the public domain and therefore, free for you to use as you please. As an Internet marketer, you want to make the content available online so you’ll need to somehow digitize the product. There are a variety of ways you can do this.
Scan the Entire Book into Your Computer
If you have a scanner and the time you may want to scan the entire book into your computer, especially if you will be working with either the entire book or large chunks of it. Since you can do anything you want with it, you could republish the entire book in a digital format and add either affiliate links or links back to your websites. If you don’t have a quality scanner or are pressed for time, you may want to outsource this all important task. It could cost you as much as two or three hundred dollars but it will be well worth it when you are able to sell the finished product.
Even if you only plan to create smaller projects from the book, like articles or blog posts, you’ll get frustrated working with a book in its physical state. Whereas there’s nothing better than curling up with a good book, trying to find the page the information you want is on after a few tries will get old, especially when you can do a simple word or phrase search when it is in its digital format. So if you find an old book that is in the public domain that you can create new products from, plan on scanning it or having it scanned. It will be well worth the cost and/or effort.
After Your Source is in Digital Format
Now, you can create like crazy! No more flipping back and forth through the pages to find exactly what you are looking for. Now you can easily locate, mark, and move text to suit your needs. You can easily create articles, blog posts, e-courses, ebooks, and more from your digitized book.
Make a Plan
It’s important that you devise a plan as to what you are going to do with your public domain goldmine. Remember, you won’t be earning any money during the time that you are creating your new product so it is important that you develop a plan and a timeline that will work with your budget. That’s because you could literally spend months creating different products from just one book, especially if you are doing all the work yourself so it is important to know exactly where you are going with this project.
If all you plan to do for instance is submit articles to article directories or make blog posts, you can do that in a relatively short amount of time. But if you plan to republish the entire book in a digital format, complete with links, you are undertaking quite a project! You’ll need to update the language, check the facts, and do keyword research as well. Since this could take quite a while, you may have to work on this as a special project, working around the time you spend earning money on other projects, depending on your budget. That is why it is so important that you make a plan to begin with before you get bogged down in your public domain book and look up and realize you haven’t earned any money for the past month! With careful planning, though, you can turn your public domain project into a real moneymaker!
Public Domain Related Articles
- Add Public Domain Works to Your Internet Marketing Toolbox
- Benefits of using Public domain Material
- Boost Your Profits by using Music from the Public Domain
- Build Your List using the Public Domain
- Enhance Your Blogs with Public Domain Works
- Get Cooking with the Public Domain
- How to Turn a Dusty Old Book into a Moneymaking Machine
- Is Public domain Content Relevant Today?
- Is the Public Domain Market Saturated?
- Make Money Marketing the Public Domain
- Make Money Teaching Others how to use the Public Domain
- Making Money with Public Domain Poetry
- Public Domain Basics
- Public Domain Myths Every Internet Marketer Must Know
- Should You Pay for Public Domain Content?
- Three Things You MUST Know About the Public Domain
- Use the Public Domain to Drive Traffic to Your Site
- Using Public Domain Content with Affiliate Programs
- What Images are Available from the Public Domain?
- What is the Public Domain?