Using works culled from the public domain is an excellent way to drive traffic to your site. Whether you’re article marketing, blogging, or social networking, you can make good use of items you get for free from the public domain.
Watch out for Duplicate Content
One of the best ways to drive traffic to your site is by ranking high in search engine results. That means you need original content and you need to make good use of keywords. You can do both of these things by using items you get from the public domain but you will have to work at it.
Even though it is perfectly legal to use works you get from the public domain as is, that is, without changing or updating them, in the long run, it won’t be very useful. That’s because, undoubtedly, there will be some, ok, a lot of lazy Internet marketers who think that is the way to instant riches and what will happen is that once the search engine crawlers realize there is duplicate content, those sites will be removed from the search engine’s index. You don’t want that to happen.
That’s why it is crucial that you make public domain content your own, that is, you tweak it, update it, add your own content, that is, make it unique.
You can tweak public domain books or other writings and get dozens of articles that you can then submit to article directories. With a link back to your site in the resource box, you’ll undoubtedly drive massive traffic to your site using this method. Think quality, though. If your articles sound just like every other article posted on the article directories, no one will read far enough to get to the resource box. While writing articles from material culled from the public domain is easier than writing them from scratch, you still want to do your best work.
Post Articles at Revenue Sharing Sites
You can also post articles at revenue sharing sites that you get from information you cull from the public domain. Not all of them will let you post links but most of them have a profile page or resource box that you can use to point visitors back to your site. In addition, with some of these sites, you can build up quite a bit in passive income once you have a large amount of articles on the site. Again, make these articles unique and interesting. Just one public domain book could net you dozens and dozens of articles that could earn you big bucks!
Public Domain Related Articles
- Add Public Domain Works to Your Internet Marketing Toolbox
- Benefits of using Public domain Material
- Boost Your Profits by using Music from the Public Domain
- Build Your List using the Public Domain
- Enhance Your Blogs with Public Domain Works
- Get Cooking with the Public Domain
- How to Turn a Dusty Old Book into a Moneymaking Machine
- Is Public domain Content Relevant Today?
- Is the Public Domain Market Saturated?
- Make Money Marketing the Public Domain
- Make Money Teaching Others how to use the Public Domain
- Making Money with Public Domain Poetry
- Public Domain Basics
- Public Domain Myths Every Internet Marketer Must Know
- Should You Pay for Public Domain Content?
- Three Things You MUST Know About the Public Domain
- Use the Public Domain to Drive Traffic to Your Site
- Using Public Domain Content with Affiliate Programs
- What Images are Available from the Public Domain?
- What is the Public Domain?