Internet marketers are creative creatures and like to make the most out of all marketing situations. Internet marketers that use public domain products in their Internet marketing endeavors are capitalizing on a great way to earn extra money with little or no investment.
It’s Important to Verify
Works published before 1923 are automatically in the public domain. Other works that were never copyrighted at all are also in the public domain. You can learn specific details about public domain rules and laws at the website of the US Copyright Office at copyright.gov. While there are many, many websites that purport to have a database of public domain items, you and you only are responsible for verifying that the public domain works you choose to use are actually in the public domain.
Free to use is not Public Domain
Internet marketers who are going to use public domain works in their marketing endeavors really must take the time and effort to learn how public domain works because you could be guilty of copyright infringement if you use works that are not actually in the public domain. Some Internet marketers go so far as to pay hundreds of dollars for a copyright search, which entitles them to a certificate that states that the work is copyright free. While this can be a little on the expensive side initially, it will be well worth it in the long run. However, that is not always necessary.
Many sites, such as stock photo sites grant a limited use license, thus allowing you to use their images as long as you give proper credit to the author. Don’t confuse this practice with the public domain. When something is in the public domain, you can alter it and consequently call it your own and sell it in any form you choose. This is not the case with items that you are granted a license to use.
Ebooks, Articles, Blogs, and More!
There is no end to what you can create with items you cull from the public domain. Savvy Internet marketers create multiple products and include their links in the products they create, thus ensuring even more revenue when purchases are made from those links. Affiliate marketers troll the public domain for works they can use to promote their products. Don’t forget the offline places you can find public domain works: used bookstores, libraries, estate and garage sales, and more. You can then digitize these products and create unique products that can be found nowhere else online or offline.
Be Prepared to Work!
It takes time and effort and hard work to come up with unique products, even if you get top-notch material from the public domain. Don’t be lured in by other Internet marketers that promise you can make a bundle with little or no work at all. Although you can find plenty of public domain material on your own, you may decide to pay for a list that other Internet marketers have come up with if you don’t have the time to sort through all the public domain databases yourself. If you do decide to pay for such a list or database, make sure you are getting it from a reputable marketer.
You can certainly find worthwhile material in the public domain that you can go on to produce top-notch works yourself. Get creative and be prepared to work hard and you can indeed cash in on the public domain market!
Public Domain Related Articles
- Add Public Domain Works to Your Internet Marketing Toolbox
- Benefits of using Public domain Material
- Boost Your Profits by using Music from the Public Domain
- Build Your List using the Public Domain
- Enhance Your Blogs with Public Domain Works
- Get Cooking with the Public Domain
- How to Turn a Dusty Old Book into a Moneymaking Machine
- Is Public domain Content Relevant Today?
- Is the Public Domain Market Saturated?
- Make Money Marketing the Public Domain
- Make Money Teaching Others how to use the Public Domain
- Making Money with Public Domain Poetry
- Public Domain Basics
- Public Domain Myths Every Internet Marketer Must Know
- Should You Pay for Public Domain Content?
- Three Things You MUST Know About the Public Domain
- Use the Public Domain to Drive Traffic to Your Site
- Using Public Domain Content with Affiliate Programs
- What Images are Available from the Public Domain?
- What is the Public Domain?