While you can’t exactly sell items in the public domain to others just as they are, you can sell information about the public domain. Take a moment and do a quick search for “public domain.” When you do, you’ll notice that there are plenty of Internet marketers already taking advantage of this concept. That doesn’t mean there isn’t room for one more though. And it could be you!
Create a List of Public Domain Resources
While anyone can find this same information, not everyone has the time or inclination to go in search of free public domain content. If you can put together a reliable list of public domain resources, others may be willing to pay you for it, especially if you are or become an expert on the public domain and write content describing what it is and how it can be used. You can also divide your list up into relevant resources, such as public domain music, public domain books, and so on.
Give Them the Real Scoop
While you’re perusing the sites devoted to public domain, you’ll notice an interesting phenomenon. Not all of them say the same thing. It is amazing how many different versions of copyright and public domain rules are out there. You’ll see a plethora of dates and you’ll see content that states absolutely false dates and omits important information about what is and what is not public domain and when works enter the public domain. By the way, you can get the truth at the US copyright office website at copyright.gov. Once you learn the truth about copyright and public domain, you can provide a valuable service by passing it onto others.
Blog about Copyright and the Public Domain
The rules and laws governing copyright and public domain cannot be understood after reading a paragraph or even an article on the subject. There have been updates and extensions to the copyright laws and there are different laws regarding different dates. While it can be complicated when you read several different dates on several different websites, you can be the marketer that takes the time to become an expert on public domain and copyright law and then blog about it. That’s not to say that there aren’t any websites on the subject with correct information, but there are many with incomplete or altogether incorrect information so the area is ripe for the savvy Internet marketer who isn’t afraid of hard work.
Find one Area of Public Domain and Specialize
As you can see, the area of public domain works is a large one for several reasons. First, there are the legal issues to consider and whether you use public domain works or you simply tell others about them, you need to be well versed on the law concerning the public domain. Another reason it is such a hot topic is that savvy Internet marketers can make a lot of money with the public domain by creating products and selling them. Still another reason the public domain is so rich is that it contains so many different forms of material: writings, music, art, photography, images, even software. It truly is a goldmine; you just have to learn how to use it wisely.
Public Domain Related Articles
- Add Public Domain Works to Your Internet Marketing Toolbox
- Benefits of using Public domain Material
- Boost Your Profits by using Music from the Public Domain
- Build Your List using the Public Domain
- Enhance Your Blogs with Public Domain Works
- Get Cooking with the Public Domain
- How to Turn a Dusty Old Book into a Moneymaking Machine
- Is Public domain Content Relevant Today?
- Is the Public Domain Market Saturated?
- Make Money Marketing the Public Domain
- Make Money Teaching Others how to use the Public Domain
- Making Money with Public Domain Poetry
- Public Domain Basics
- Public Domain Myths Every Internet Marketer Must Know
- Should You Pay for Public Domain Content?
- Three Things You MUST Know About the Public Domain
- Use the Public Domain to Drive Traffic to Your Site
- Using Public Domain Content with Affiliate Programs
- What Images are Available from the Public Domain?
- What is the Public Domain?