For the past years, I engaged myself in different traditional publishing industries. But because of the difficulty and not being satisfied in their services (just like the typesetting of the text, the illustrations are not that beautiful, the binding is not that strength; pages tearing one by one as your readers browsing each line), I decided to shift my latest books in Self Publishing. Why I will have to engage in self publishing? Through this article will give you an insight to transfer your latest books in self publishing. But this article also is not obliging you to enter in self publishing industry.
First of all, in self publishing, you have all the rights to write, edit, as well as all the say in publishing your book. In short, you are the writer, editor and the publishing manager of your book, if you have the talent in illustrating, you can also do the illustrations. If you can also, you will be the one who typeset the whole manuscripts, then do the printing. So, it means, you are the one-man publisher. You don’t need to hire employees to assist you in publishing your own book.
In that case, you will get all the royalties. There’s no need to compute, how many percent will go to your editor, your printer, your illustrator, your typesetter, as well as if you will be the marketing staff of your book. And you can control also, how many copies to print for circulation. As it will go, you will earn as much as you can. If your self publish book will book into the market, you will earn as much as $30,000 in a month or even more.
But the worse case, not all writers who will engage in self publishing can earn as much as you expected. If you published a book that will not boom in the market, a negative in your book as well as throwing out to the garbage bag of your financial investment for a particular book. If you didn’t hit the market, you will lose a lot of money as bad as $10,000 to $20,000. No need to drop down all your tears falling in the floor. And throwing also all the copies of your self published book. And in the end, you will hate in self publishing again. So, I will be rather going back to the traditional publisher, who I am not going to spend a lot of money just to publish my book. I will not oblige myself to market my book to others because in traditional publishing, they are the one, to do it all for me.
So, what you have to do, are you going to the self publishing world or the traditional publisher world? For more information, Self Publishing in other words, they call this as Vanity Press. Vanity Press means, you will write a book, they will print it for you but you have to pay them depends how many copies you want. But there are minimum numbers of copies to print—at least 100 copies in one row.
Remember this, self publishing can also give you a chance to be an editor of a book, you can start it by your own book, you can also have a chance to manage a printing industry as well as the publishing industry.
Self-Publishing Related Articles
- All About eBooks
- Avoidable Self-Publishing Mistakes
- Characteristics Of Self-Publishing
- Common Obstacles for Self-Publishing
- Creating Your Own Blog
- Different Kinds of Self-Publishing
- Downside Of Self-Publishing
- Dynamics Behind Self-Publishing
- Ebooks Online Publishing Tips For Beginners
- Going For Self-Publishing Marketing Tips
- How Does Online Publishing Work
- Is Online Publishing Right For You
- Making the Most of Your Online Publishing Efforts
- Motivations for Self-Publishing
- Online Publishing Basics
- Online Publishing Through Article Marketing
- Online Publishing Tips and Tricks for Better Results
- Online Publishing Tips for Article Marketing Beginners
- Online Publishing With ClickBank
- Online Publishing With Squidoo
- POD and Self-Publishing
- Preparing Writing a Book for Self-Publishing
- Product Creation – Online Publishing for Business
- Review: Self-Publishing Manual by Dan Poynter
- Self Publishing In The Modern World
- Self Publishing Your Book through Lulu
- Self-Publishing through the Eyes of Non-Authors
- Self-Publishing Tips: Book Writing Magic
- Self-Publishing Tips: Proper Layout
- Self-Publishing Your Book?
- Self-Publishing Your Music
- Using Online Publishing to Promote Offline Products
- What are the Potential Benefits of Online Publishing?
- What Is Online Publishing
- Which Is Which: Traditional Publishing Or Self-Publishing
- Why Get Into Self-Publishing
- Why I Will Engage In Self Publishing?
- Why is Online Publishing Important?
- Why You Should Consider Self-Publishing Your Own Book